Michele Kearney's Nuclear Wire

Major Energy and Environmental News and Commentary affecting the Nuclear Industry.

Friday, August 16, 2013

A Nuclear Submariner Challenges a Pro-Nuclear Film By ANDREW C. REVKIN

A Nuclear Submariner Challenges a Pro-Nuclear Film


http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/16/a-nuclear-submariner-challenges-a-pro-nuclear-film/?_r=1&

Update, 12:24 p.m. | James E. Hansen just sent this reaction:
I have a Ph.D. in physics, which included nuclear physics courses, but I have never imagined that this training makes me expert on nuclear power. Therefore I consult regularly with some of the top nuclear power experts in the world. When I write something about nuclear power, it is based on good science, which cannot be said of the piece by Miller that you published.
I discuss the potential contributions of nuclear power in a paper that I am writing now. Miller did get one thing right: I am motivated — by a love of the life on our planet and a desire to pass that on to future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment