Michele Kearney's Nuclear Wire

Major Energy and Environmental News and Commentary affecting the Nuclear Industry.

Friday, January 4, 2013

My New Year's Wish: An Honest Oil Policy


My New Year's Wish: An Honest Oil Policy

Marshall Kaplan, Fuel Freedom
On Thanksgiving, I had the good fortune to meet a former special operations soldier. We talked about the Middle East. He believed that U.S. and western dependency on Arab oil was one of the key reasons why the nation went to war in Iraq, as well as Afghanistan, and might go to war in Iran. My new friend said that he and many of his buddies didn’t want to believe this, but during and after his service, he realized the relationship was a fact. Growing up as a youngster, I believed that our multiple engagements in the Middle East were making the world safe for ...http://www.fuelfreedom.org/blog/a-new-years-wish-a-transparent-and-honest-oil-strategy/

No comments:

Post a Comment